Get your profile ready to start tracking your hours. #BloomingtonSOS
If you don't already have an account on the Bloomington Volunteer Network Website - create one now!
Make your Summer a Summer of Service!
May 30-August 8
You've got 10 weeks this summer - why not use them to make a difference in your community, hang out with friends while helping where you are needed, learn a new skill, meet people, build your college resume, and win fun prizes?
The earlier in the summer you sign up - the more time you have to log your hours and accumulate your totals
Summer of Service Participants Receive:
- Receive perks according to your hours logged
- June 20 Rally Tally – perks for 7+ hrs logged
July 11 Rally Tally – perks for 7+ & 14+ hrs logged
Aug 1 Rally Tally – perks for 7+ / 14+/ 20+ hrs logged
Aug 8 Rally Tally – special perk if 1000 total hrs logged by all participants
- You must register to participate by entering your name as a Summer of Service participant for your hours to be counted.
- Hours must be logged through the Bloomington Volunteer Network website to be counted towards your hours total.
- All teens currently in high school or preparing to enter high school in the fall of 2017 are eligble to participate.
- Hours logged between May 30-August 8 will be counted towards your Summer of Service Totals.
- Hours do not need to be performed through a Bloomington Volunteer Network partner organization. Service may be informal - such as walking a neighbor's dog - or helping an existing organization such as Habitat for Humanity or the Community Kitchen.
- Hours must be verified to be included in your hours total.
- Volunteer activities must have been performed in Monroe County, Indiana
Activities not considered volunteer activities for Summer of Service include:
- compensated service
- serving family
- proselytizing of personal beliefs and/or related church-affiliated activities
View even more teen resources here to learn about service scholarships and year round opportunities.