POSITION DESCRIPTION MONROE COUNTY ENERGY CHALLENGE
ENERGY BUS EVENT COORDINATOR
Position: EnergyBus Event Coordinator
Deadline to apply: July 26, 2017
Send email indicating interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EnergyBus is a collaborative project of the South Central Community Action Program and the Monroe County Energy Challenge. The EnergyBus is a mobile energy lab that helps our community better understand renewable energy generation and energy efficiency. The EnergyBus, funded through an Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority Innovative Grant, helps local residents receive hands-on education in renewable energy and home energy conservation. Activities in the bus include a solar model car racetrack, a working wind turbine, watt meters that allow participants to better understand how they use energy in their own lives, solar panel exhibits and more.
Act as active connectors between the Challenge and Monroe County’s diverse populations and geographic areas.
- Schedule the EnergyBus to be present at neighborhood and community events, parks, and businesses.
- Commit to 20-40 hours of volunteer work per month in support of the Challenge
- Attend all scheduled events, maintain exhibits, guide participants through the various activities and offer explanations about renewable energy and energy conservation
- Adapt existing exhibits or design new exhibits based on the season and participant interest
Skills and interests desired
- A genuine interest in helping Monroe County residents save energy
- Willingness to think creatively about outreach strategies for a specific sub-population, organization, or geographic area within the county.
- Ability to communicate effectively in diverse contexts.
- Basic knowledge of solar and wind technologies and energy conservation preferred
- Experience in coordinating community outreach events preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age. To apply or learn more:
To apply of learn more;
Send an email outlining your interest to email@example.com or call 812.349.3558.